Volunteer Opportunities & Events on the San Diego River
Join Us for River Cleanup, Habitat Restoration, Hiking, Special Events, and More!
Looking for a way to give back to the community while connecting with nature? Look no further! Join us on your own or bring a group of friends, family or coworkers. All are welcome!
- RSVPs are required for volunteer events. Please call (619) 297-7380 or email to RSVP
- No experience needed! We will provide any tools necessary.
- To reduce use of single-use plastic bottles, we encourage volunteers to bring their own reusable water bottle. We will have water if needed.
- Stewardship volunteers must wear closed-toe shoes. We suggest wearing clothes that can get a little dirty, long pants, and sun protection for outdoor events (hat/sunscreen) as well.
- All volunteers must complete a waiver to participate in activities. To save time at check-in, you may download and bring the completed waiver with you! We will have copies of the waiver as well as community service forms.
- Waiver for adults over 18
- Waiver for participants under 18, must be signed by parent or legal guardian
- Volunteers under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- While there are no age limits for volunteering, we encourage you to contact us if you have questions or special needs. We are happy to help you find an event that is right for you!
To support other groups, we list additional events on the calendar below. For information about these events, please contact the host organization directly. We provide this information as a courtesy only.