15 Years of the San Diego River Park Foundation
Thank You for Being Part of our River Family
In 2000, the largest sewer spill in California’s history dumped 34 million gallons of untreated sewage into the San Diego River. This spill ran for almost a week, while few people noticed or cared. Out of this tragedy, a group of concerned citizens formed the San Diego River Park Foundation on July 18th, 2001. This year we celebrate our 15th Anniversary!
We have set a goal of raising $15,000 to further our work.
To support our award winning programs and provide the key unrestricted funding to so it can be applied to the greatest need.
A Few Key Accomplishments Since Our Founding:
- Crafted and advanced the plan for a 52-mile river-long park system
- Organized volunteers to remove more than 2 million pounds of trash from the San Diego River
- Grown hands-on nature education program to serve 2,000 local students annually
- Conserved over 2,000 acres of pristine lands in the River's headwaters
- And much more!
By donating to our annual fund, you can help the San Diego River Park Foundation to continue for another 15 years… and beyond! Your gift will support our core programs, engaging the community in caring for the San Diego River.
Your donation will be put to work immediately, supporting our award-winning volunteer program, restoring habitat in the Upper San Diego River Gorge, bringing children out into nature, maintaining community gardens, and connecting people to our River.
There have been many successes in the last 15 years!
And with your help, we can do more.
If you support trails, a clean river, conserving open spaces and connecting people, especially kids, with the River and nature, please donate today!
There are many ways to give!
- Online: Click above to donate online using secure PayPal
- Credit card by phone: Call us at (619) 297-7380 to make a donation over the phone using a credit card
- Mail: Print form (PDF) to enclose with a mailed check or money order.